It’s rolling. After 3 years of mods it is a driver.
The spare tire mount has been beefed up and a spare has been mounted. We are checking off items from the list quickly. We are really getting close. The boys a VR Garage are doing a stellar job.
Well, we are in the home stretch on the 1958 Dodge D100. Glass is in, interior is done. We had a last minute engine swap, after discovering that the motor we put in was a bit worn out. Bed is done. Painted bits are on. Drive train is installed.
Now it’s time to make a spare tire bracket, back bumper, mirrors, bright work install, and a few minor details before getting a logo painted on the doors.
Here she is as of February 2109:
It has been a while since I gave a little progress update on the D100 pickup. Last year we bought an old industrial building, so the funds to make the Dodge D100 project move along were challenging. The boys over at VR Garage have been steadfast and patient, getting things done as I can get money their way. I have expressed how concerning it was having someone else do the restoration, as it is the first project i haven’t done myself, but I am getting a bit excited as we get closer to completion. Like any restoration, it has cost twice as much and taken twice as long as planned, but I keep adding projects and changing my mind, so it is to be expected. So far we have dropped in a refurbished Chevy 350 small block and added an automatic transmission. All wiring is new. New gauges and surrounds. Disc brakes with new wheels and whitewalls. New and adjusted suspension. New steering column. New tail lights. Replaced the radiator and refurbished the gas tank.
We still have left the interior, a new bed, clear coating the patina finish, painting some detail pieces, lettering on the door. Exhaust. Back bumper. All new glass and seals. And I am sure a hundred more things I am forgetting. But, it should be on the road by summer, as the building remodel is nearing its end and I can concentrate again on finishing up the truck.
Here it is as of September 2017: